1) The international F.I.S. popular cross-country ski race MARCIALONGA DI FIEMME E FASSA will take place the last Sunday of January over two distances:
MARCIALONGA LIGHT Moena - Predazzo 45 km CLASSIC TECHNIQUE
MARCIALONGA Moena - Cavalese 70 km CLASSIC TECHNIQUE
2) All male and female skiers from 18 years old and members of the National Associations belonging to F.I.S. may enter the race 70 km long.
The short race 45 km is open also to competitors from 16 years of age with written permission of their parents.
3) On the entry-form all personal details must be clearly written and the selection of the distance done; the Organising Committee will choose the long one when not indicated. Entries which are incomplete or without the entry-fee paid via credit card, will not be accepted.
The Organising Committee could anticipate the closing date for entries when reaching the final number of 7.000 competitors for the 70 km race and 500 competitors for the 45 km race: only in this case fees will be refunded.
The entry gives the right to compete in the race and to use all the services provided by the Organising Committee: transport, food stations, technical assistance, transport of clothes from the start to the finish (max weight 3 kg and value not higher than the entry-fee) and the subscription to the magazine Marcialonga. Every other expense is charged to the competitor.
4) The entry-fee is 75,00 € before 5th June and Euro 90,00 after.
The passage of fee from a competitor to another (not of the start-number) is allowed before 31st December 2013 between racers of the same nationality and under payment of 20,00 € that will be asked at the bibs collection. Also the change of distance will be charged of 20,00 €.
The exchange of bibs among competitors is forbidden and can lead to disqualification.
Entry-fees will neither be returned for any reason nor considered valid for next editions
5) Start-numbers must be collected at the Race Office in Cavalese (Congress Palace) presenting a document during the following hours:
|THURSDAY 23rd||3.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.|
|FRYDAY 24th||9.00 a.m. - 12.00||3.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.|
|SATURDAY 25th||9.00 a.m.||9.00 p.m.|
The starting numbers are decided by the Organising Committee with unquestionable sentence as follows:
|45 km light
|1°||1-200||1-200||1% - 3,00%|
|2°||201-500||201-500||3,01% - 9,00%|
|3°||501-1000||501-1000||9,01% - 20,00%|
|4°||1001-1500||1001-1500||20,01% - 30,00%|
|5°||1501-2000||1501-2000||30,01% - 40,00%|
|6°||2001-2500||2001-2500||40,01% - 50,00%|
|7°||2501-3000||2501-3000||50,01% - 60,00%|
|8°||3001-3500||3001-3500||60,01% - 85,00%|
|9°||3501-4000||3501-4000||60,01% - 85,00%|
|10°||4001-4500||4001-4500||85,01% - 99,00%|
|11°||4501-5000||4501-5000||85,01% - 99,00%|
|12°||5001-5500||5001-5500||99,01% - 99,99%|
|13°||5501-6000||5501-6000||99,01% - 99,99%|
|14°||6001-6500||6001-6500||99,01% - 99,99%|
|15°||6501-7000||6501-7000||99,01% - 99,99%|
Percentages are the ratio between the placing in 2012 and 2013 and the number of competitors at the finish in the same year, that is RANK x 100 ÷ COMPETITORS AT THE FINISH.
For the seeding the lower percentage is considered. When first time entry, also Worldloppet 2013 races could be taken into account if communicated on the entry-form. In this case seeding is based on a different criterion settled by the Organising Committee.
The percentage in the short race Marcialonga Light will be taken into consideration for those competitors who want to register for the first time in the 70 km, plus one group.
If the group fills up, the skier will move to next lower available one
6) The start in Moena will be given in different waves according to the timetable above. The opening of the boxes could be postponed in case of queues in the first part of the course.
7) The check-in at the gate is OBLIGATORY and it is from 7.00 to 8.30 a.m. In case of start in a prior gate, the competitor could be disqualified or a penalty of time, decided by the Organising Committee, applied on the race time.
8) The race is in classic technique: the free technique is forbidden and leads to disqualification. This will be strictly supervised all along the course by the officials in charge. During the race there is no right to ask for "free track" for those who want to overtake another competitor. REPLACEMENT OF BOTH SKIS AND REMOVAL OF SKIS DURING THE RACE ARE FORBIDDEN. The Jury has the right to penalise or disqualify the competitors who break these rules. Competitors who deliberately linger on the track or are no more able to continue, will be disqualified.
9) Time gates: competitors who have not passed CANAZEI at 12.30 a.m.- PREDAZZO at 3.30 p.m. - MOLINA at 5.30 p.m., must break off the race. The closing time of gates might change for safety reasons. Other gates may be set up by the Organising Committee.
10) Competitors registered in Marcialonga 70 km who decide to stop in Predazzo at the short-race finish or do not pass the time-gate will not be classified either in one or the other ranking list. Competitors registered in Marcialonga Light 45 km must stop at the short-race finish and are not allowed to go ahead along the course.
11) For circumstances beyond one's control, the Organising Committee can decide to make changes of the course or cancel the races. In case of cancellation the Organising Committee will guarantee to all the registered people the 50% discount on next year fee.
12) It must be clear that to take part in Marcialonga it is necessary to be physically and technically well-prepared: for this reason every competitor, when entering the race, must be personally responsible for declaring to be properly trained. The Organising Committee hold the right to carry out random controls on the competitors to check that they have not used any forbidden stimulant or drug.
13) Protests must be delivered to the Jury within 10 minutes after the end of the race, accompanied by 50,00 €. The fee will be refunded if the protest is accepted.
14) Competitors acknowledge and accept these regulations by sending the entry-form, exempting the Organising Committee from any liability in case of damage done or suffered. For any other matter not in the present rules, it is to be considered the F.I.S. Guidelines for Popular Cross-Country Competitions.